Scattered sheets of paper,
Piled up on the desk in a mess,
Speeding hands working,
Agitated and restless.
The clock is ticking,
Submission is nearing.
Work is increasing,
Time is decreasing.
Quick, fast and rushed,
Thoughts click together,
But alas! It is too late,
Because the deadline is over!
Dedicated to the memory of all the poor souls who are working hard to reach their deadline. Wait, did I just say “memory”???
Inspired by Poetry 101 Rehab.
Very creatively designed badge.
First of all, I’d like to thank Holly @ Nut Free Nerd for nominating me for this wonderful award.
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
And the nominees are:
And here are five random facts about myself:
- I think that Linkin Park is the best band ever. Most of my poems are inspired by their powerful lyrics and music. Admit it, they have empathised with how you feel at least once in your life. And Chester Bennington is the best singer/screamer ever!
AB de Villiers
2. AB de Villiers of South Africa is my favourite cricketer. He is one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, and a man of his grace, calibre, skill, and humility will be never seen again.
3. I am an optimistic loser and a pessimistic winner. Everybody who knows me have sooner or later realized this. So steer clear off my blog if I announce I’ve won something (including this award). Or suffer through a week of posts dripping with despair and negativity.
4. I’m an animal person. I bond with cats and dogs bond with me. I just love animals, because they are the only creatures in this whole world who love you for what you are, and not for your financial status, or intelligence, or something like that.
5. I love superhero films! From The Avengers to The X-Men Series, I’ve made it my goal to watch and analyse every single superhero possible. I’m more of a Marvel person than of DC, but I really love Batman. My personal favourites are Ironman (thanks to Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark) and Wolverine.
Sick of being late again! This is another one of my combo-prompt posts. I’m responding to what my Patronus and Boggart will be in today’s post.
Cutest one I could find.
I took two tests ( one at What’s My Patronus? and the other at Teen quizzes) to determine my Patronus, and both of them unanimously decided it would be an otter. Considering my similarities to Hermione Granger (I can prove it if you like), an otter seems to be my only possible Patronus. Stupid, seeing that I’ve never liked otters (they stink of fish, and I’m vegetarian). But they seem to be pretty intelligent creatures, so I’m okay with that.
I just hate this word.
I really, really, hated this messed-up Boggart test. Honestly, the three things I’m most scared of are losing everyone I love, being judged, and yep, you guessed it right. Failure. I’m also scared of worms, but the test doesn’t seem to count that. I’m half INFP and half INTP (a mixture of Luna Lovegood and Hermione Granger according to this). I say this because I just have a slight preference for Feeling over Thinking. Still, it irks me to know that failure is my Boggart. Maybe my Riddikulus spell will turn it into ‘Success!’ instead…
What is YOUR Patronus and Boggart? How will YOUR Riddikulus spell combat your worst fear? Let me know!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
– Narcotics Anonymous
And some forms of insanity never tire us. What is your favourite type of insanity? Keeping New Year Resolutions? Promising to study Keats everyday for an hour? Share below!