The Liebster Award
Thanks to all your support, my blog got nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful leelaumashankar at Price and Precious. Thanks a ton! I’m very grateful to you for considering my blog! Do check out her awesome blog and her tongue-in-cheek writings.
Doing a bit of Googling showed that Liebster means ‘sweetheart’ in German. So does that mean I got the Sweetheart Award? No comments.
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
4. Nominate 11 other new bloggers.
5. Draft 11 new questions for the people nominated by you.
6. Notify your nominees.
Step One and Two are already done, so moving on to Step Three (that is, answering some very interesting questions):
1. How will you describe yourself in one sentence?
I am a weird combination of an extremely self-righteous nerd, geek, and a bookworm who loves to write.
2.What have you always dreamed of?
Getting nominated for the Liebster? Abolishing communal hatred? Visiting Australia? Watching a Linkin Park concert? I seriously have a LOT of dreams to account for.
3. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
Err… NOTHING inspired me to start blogging. I originally started my blog to spread my love of mythology (yeah, series like Irony do that), but I soon moved away.
4. What is your process of writing a post?
Whenever I have this incredibly awesome idea (yeah, right), my fingers start itching to write. And I do just that. Write. I really don’t have any pattern, or process, or something like that.
5.Which fictional character do you think is the best?
Millions, but Leo Valdez from Heroes of Olympus would top the list. Hermione Granger is a close second.
6. And why?
Leo is a bit like me. He cracks a lot of crazy joke, uses humour to cover whatever pain he feels and ridiculed for being different. Hermione is COMPLETELY like me. Both of use are nerds, bookworms, teacher’s pets, and loyal. Why, even our Myers Briggs Type Indicator results match!
7.What do you enjoy doing the most?
Blogging. And reading.
8. What does Utopia contain for you?
Utopia…well, a gargantuan library with all the books I’ve ever wanted to read, infinite time, and everyone patting my back and saying, ‘Madvanthi, you rock!’ Plenty of material to blog about. Oh yeah, and also a huge collection of ALL the Linkin Park songs with Chester Bennington’s autograph.
9. Favourite sports and why?
CRICKET!!! Why? My family is filled with males who do nothing but talk about cricket, so it sort of rubbed on me. It is completely unpredictable, filled with entertainment throughout. Also because it is one of the games Team India is good at. I don’t play cricket, though.
10. What is the one place you’ve always wanted to vacation in?
One is too hard. So, in the order I want to visit: Kanyakumari to Kashmir, Australia, France, Greece, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. and every other awesome place on Earth.
11. What is the most amusing incident in your life?
I really hate screechy noises. So when my Sanskrit teacher was rubbing the blackboard (producing an eerily screechy noise), I plugged my ears and started chatting with my friends. To my annoyance, she’s rolling with laughter. When I ask her what happened, she gestured at me to unplug my ears and turn back. Everybody were staring at me, trying to control their sniggers. Imagine my horror when I discovered that I was yelling unwittingly! Pretty embarrassing then, but dead funny now.
And so, the nominees are:
1) Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
2) Agitation of hands. Strength of words.
3) Nut Free Nerd
4) Knife Ink Reviews
5) Beautiful Insanity
6) The White Crayon
7) anonymous !ndian
8) Math with Bad Drawings
9) Asymptote To Reality
10) Harsh Reality
11) Loud Thoughts Voiced Aloud
I have tried hard not to nominate previous winners, but this award doesn’t work out that way, I guess.
Now for my questions:
1) Which is the one book/movie everybody drools over, but you just hate it (that means YOU, Happy New Year and Twilight)?
2) Is there a fictional character whom you hated in the beginning of the book/movie, but now just can’t stop raving about?
3) A book which you judged by its cover and turned out to wow you/disappoint you?
4) The saddest thing that ever happened to you?
5) If you had Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak for one hour, what would you do?
6) Your favourite food and reasons why you love it.
7) A dream so vivid that you cried when you realised it was a dream?
8) Things that everybody hates, but you like.
9) Favourite singer/band?
10) Story behind your blog name?
11) What did you think of this very unimaginative questionnaire?
Now, this is not a rule, but please guys, link me back once you are done. I would love to read your answers!