Sunday today, time for fangirling finally found!
Here’s a list of my favorite ships and the songs I associate with them:
- James Potter x Lily Evans – Into The Night, Santana Ft. Chad Kroeger
I feel that this is what EXACTLY James would have sung when he first saw Lily. And the beats to the song suits James’ personality so much – proud and upbeat.
2. Remus Lupin x Nymphadora Tonks – A Thousand Years, Christina Perri
A more beautiful match cannot be found.
3. Tony Stark x Pepper Potts – Leave Out All The Rest, Linkin Park
I feel that this is fitting especially after Age of Ultron…
4. Hazel Lancaster x Augusts Waters – Photograph, Ed Sheeran
I also considered Tobias and Tris from Divergent for this one, but meh, I’m in the Tobias hating minority, so I stuck with Hazel and Gus instead.
5. Teddy Lupin x Victoire Weasley – Best Song Ever, One Direction
I know that there is absolutely nothing given about them in canon (Thanks for disappointing me, Cursed Child ), but this is how I imagined their relationship would have gone.
Have better songs for these ships? Or better ships for these songs? Or hell, totally different ships and songs? Share in the comments below!
So, I’m doing this meme in my own sweet time, and the theme for today is…nostalgia….sigh…
The songs here are either the ones which I have heard from childhood or are the ones that make me nostalgic.
1. Dhoom Machale by Sunidhi Chauhan
2. In The End by Linkin Park
3. Photograph by Ed Sheeran
4. Athinthom by SPB
5. Story Of My Life by One Direction
Fear and pain.
Fear and pain following.
Fear and pain following each other.
We are at the mercy.
We are at the mercy of the pain.
We are at the mercy of the pain and the fear.
I’ve just stacked the words in each line. What do you think of it?
Inspired by Poetry 101 Rehab.
A found poem combining Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, and Katy Perry song titles. A bit nonsensical, perhaps, but a poem all the same! Italicized words denote song titles.
As a response to Poetry 101 Rehab.
The second I saw you
I knew you were trouble
You made me shiver, quiver,
And go numb with your iciness
Like I had gone back to December.
The little things give you away,
Like your mean and haughty ways
A frosty voltage goes down my spine,
When you roar in your arctic voice.
You are like my December.
A blank space looms overhead
To be filled by troubles like a dark horse
You make me feel faint from the inside
I’ve given up my hopes for change.
But does this even matter in the end?
You are my frosty December…
Very creatively designed badge.
First of all, I’d like to thank Holly @ Nut Free Nerd for nominating me for this wonderful award.
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
And the nominees are:
And here are five random facts about myself:
- I think that Linkin Park is the best band ever. Most of my poems are inspired by their powerful lyrics and music. Admit it, they have empathised with how you feel at least once in your life. And Chester Bennington is the best singer/screamer ever!
AB de Villiers
2. AB de Villiers of South Africa is my favourite cricketer. He is one of the best batsmen the world has ever seen, and a man of his grace, calibre, skill, and humility will be never seen again.
3. I am an optimistic loser and a pessimistic winner. Everybody who knows me have sooner or later realized this. So steer clear off my blog if I announce I’ve won something (including this award). Or suffer through a week of posts dripping with despair and negativity.
4. I’m an animal person. I bond with cats and dogs bond with me. I just love animals, because they are the only creatures in this whole world who love you for what you are, and not for your financial status, or intelligence, or something like that.
5. I love superhero films! From The Avengers to The X-Men Series, I’ve made it my goal to watch and analyse every single superhero possible. I’m more of a Marvel person than of DC, but I really love Batman. My personal favourites are Ironman (thanks to Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark) and Wolverine.
Hiding behind a façade,
Of artificial smiles,
Changing myself drastically.
I’m sick of this feeling
Of altering my thoughts,
But I cannot gather courage,
To rip of my mask.
I shall not wear this mask anymore!
I shall show my true face!
I’ll be the best I can be!
An this will be my final masquerade!
I won’t pretend!
I won’t flatter the world anymore!
I shall be who I want to be!
And this will be my final masquerade!
Inspired strongly by Given Up and Final Masquerade by Linkin Park and Mara Eastern Poetry 101 Rehab.
I’m back there again. Lying on the pillow-cover, damp with my tears. Clutching the Nokia E63, hanging onto whatever is left of my life. The darkness is all-consuming.
Memories course through me. Or rather, they don’t. A person who cared for me was dead, and I don’t remember even a single thing about him. Not even his face. The guilt swallowed me up, choking me, strangling me.
I scream silently. Tears streak my face. Red and puffy, my eyes are trying to secrete as many water droplets as they can. Their salty taste do not quench my thirst.
Why am I like this? Why am I so thankless, heartless? Why do I go through life as if it’s another one of my books – quick and speedy? Why don’t I remember little acts of kindness done to me? Why am I friendless? Why don’t people like me? Why am I ugly?
As these meaningless stream of thoughts flow along with the tears, I scream silently again. The next scream is struck in my throat – neither in nor out. I sob quietly. Praying that they wash away my failures.
I hear the strains of Iridescent. My mobile. I almost forgot. I focus on the lyrics, trying to drown my noisy thoughts.
Do you feel cold and lost in desperation/ You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known/ Remember all the sadness and frustration/ Then let it go/ Let it go…
Suddenly, I felt light-hearted again. Why do I need to struggle with so much negativity when I could let it all go? Let it all wash over me?
Thank you, Mike Shinoda, for helping me remember that it’s best not to hang on to stuff that hurts. That leaving painful things behind helps us to move forward.
And that’s what I did.
I let it go.
As everything comes to an end.
Squeezed out of life,
Suffocated under broken thoughts,
Struggling to breathe,
What can you do?
Rise from the ashes,
Like a phoenix,
Gold and scarlet,
Bright and burning.
Loyal and faithful,
Like a phoenix,
Steadfast and sturdy,
Head held high.
Why chose to die forever,
When you can rise,
From dead thoughts and hopes,
Like a phoenix?
Inspired by Linkin Park’s Iridescent and Mara Eastern’s Poetry 101 Rehab.
Lie over lie,
Comes from my mouth,
When I’m confronted,
For the hundredth time.
Hiding the truth,
From myself and the world,
Hasn’t been easy.
How long will this go on?
How many more years?
When will I find the courage,
To face myself?
Being truthful is the only option,
So I’m breaking the habitual
Inspired by Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park.
Why don’t you join Mara Eastern’s awesome Poetry 101 Rehab too?
Who doesn’t like Linkin Park? It is one of the best bands the world has ever seen, and their intangible music stirs hearts and souls. Their lyrics make sense, their music rocks, and their voices are heavenly. This deadly combo is what attracts people back again and again.
Here are some of my favourite LP songs with a few powerful lyrics:
- Numb – I’ve become so numb/ I can’t feel you there / I’ve become so tired / So much more aware / I’m becoming this / All I want to do / Is be more like me / And be less like you
- New Divide – So give me reason / To prove me wrong / To wash this memory clean / Let the floods cross / The distance in your eyes / Across this new divide
- In The End – I tried so hard / And got so far / Butt in the end / It doesn’t even matter / I had to fall / To lose it all / But in the end / It doesn’t even matter
- Iridescent – Do you feel cold / And lost in desperation / You build up hope / But failure’s all you’ve known / Remember all the sadness and frustration / Then let it go / Let it go
- Papercut – It’s like I’m paranoid lookin’ over my back / It’s like a whirlwind inside of my head / It’s like I can’t stop what I’m hearing within / It’s like the face inside is right beneath my skin
Have fun listening!